Are you a high scholar ready to delve into the art scene during this summer? Take advantage of a MoMA Internship! Engaging in contemporary art and culture, the Museum of Modern Art offers a gratifying experience for young minds. This enriching summer program allows you to collaborate with industry professionals, acquire new skills, and contribute to thrilling projects. Whether your aspirations lean towards curating, artistic expression, or an ardent love of the arts, MoMA opens doors to boundless opportunities. Embrace this unique chance to grow, learn, and leave a lasting impact on the vibrant community.
For More Art and Fashion Internships: Click Here
|Job Location:||United Kingdom|
|Posted Date:||December 10th, 2023|
MoMA Summer Internship for High School Students
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in organizing art exhibits and events, showcasing the best of contemporary creativity.
- Conduct research on artists and artworks to support informative presentations and publications.
- Collaborate with experienced professionals, gaining insights into various facets of the industry.
- Engage with visitors, offering a unique perspective on MoMA’s impressive collection of art pieces.
- Contribute to social media campaigns, promoting exhibits and engaging with art enthusiasts online.
- Participate in educational workshops, fostering creativity and encouraging artistic expression among visitors.
- Support administrative tasks, ensuring the smooth operation of the internship program and museum functions.
Qualifications and Education:
- Students in high school who are passionate in modern art and culture are encouraged to apply.
- Strong written and vocal communication abilities to effectively interact with a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated a real eagerness to study and explore together with a passion for the arts.
- The capacity to embrace other viewpoints and ideas while working together in a team situation.
- Basic knowledge of art history and familiarity with the MoMA’s collection is advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail, a proactive attitude to tasks and projects, and strong organizational abilities.
- Flexibility and adaptation are necessary to succeed in the dynamic, quick-paced setting of a museum.
- Gain practical experience in the art industry, a valuable addition to your resume and future career.
- Access to exclusive networking opportunities, connecting with professionals and fellow art enthusiasts.
- Receive mentorship from experienced individuals, guiding your personal and artistic growth throughout the internship.
- Explore New York City’s vibrant cultural scene, expanding your horizons beyond the museum’s walls
- Obtain insights into museum operations, curation, and event planning, fostering a well-rounded skill set.
- Eligibility for college credit options, enhancing your academic journey while interning at MoMA.
- Foster lifelong friendships and unforgettable memories, creating an experience you’ll cherish forever.
No prior professional experience is necessary for the MoMA internship. The program welcomes high school students with a genuine passion for contemporary art and a curiosity to learn. Embarking on this enriching journey requires only a desire to explore and engage oneself in the art world.
How to Apply for MoMA Internship?
To apply for the MoMA internship, visit their official website and navigate to the careers section. Review the available opportunities and select the one that aligns with your interests. Complete the online application form, ensuring to provide accurate details. Attach any required documents, such as your resume, cover letter, and academic transcripts. Submit the application before the specified deadline. Afterward, the selection committee will review all applications. If shortlisted, you may be invited to an interview, either in-person or virtually. Successful applicants will be given an offer, and further guidelines will be sent to help them be ready for the internship start date.
|Currently no jobs are available, please check on official website.|
The MoMA internship offers an immersive experience within one of the world’s most renowned art institutions. Participants engage in various aspects of museum operations, from curatorial research and exhibition preparation to educational programming. This opportunity fosters a deeper understanding of art curation, administration, and visitor engagement. Interns collaborate with experts, gaining valuable insights into the art world while contributing to the museum’s dynamic environment. It’s a chance to cultivate skills, expand knowledge, and be part of the vibrant MoMA community.