Engaging on the enriching journey of an Ashmolean Internship opens doors to unparalleled experiences in art and culture. Dive into a dynamic learning environment where passion meets expertise, shaping your understanding of curatorship, research, and museum operations. This internship offers an unparalleled blend of practical involvement and mentorship. It propels you towards a future where your love for the arts converges with professional growth. Discover the art of curation firsthand and chart your course towards a meaningful career in the cultural landscape.
For More Art and Fashion Internships: Click Here
|Company Name:||Ashmolean Museum|
|Job Location:||United Kingdom|
|Posted Date:||November 22nd, 2023|
Ashmolean Internship | Latest Open Positions
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Curate exhibits, showcasing your artistic perspective within the Ashmolean’s esteemed collections.
- Engage in scholarly research, contributing to museum academic endeavors.
- Assist in daily museum operations, gaining practical experience in cultural institution management.
- Collaborate with experts, fostering a network beyond your internship.
- Contribute to educational programs, sharing museum treasures with diverse audiences.
- Catalogue and preserve artifacts, playing a vital role in museum legacy.
- Manage varied tasks, from event coordination to visitor experiences.
Qualifications and Education:
- Pursuing or holding a degree in art history, archaeology, or a related field.
- Strong research skills, demonstrating academic curiosity and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal, for effective collaboration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and relevant research databases.
- Passionate about art and cultural heritage preservation.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, handling multiple tasks efficiently and precisely.
- Previous museum or gallery experience is advantageous but not mandatory.
- Gain practical experience, shaping your career in museum curation.
- Access mentorship from seasoned professionals, nurturing your artistic and scholarly growth.
- Network with industry experts, expand your cultural connections.
- Contribute to impactful projects, leaving a lasting mark on the museum’s legacy.
- Receive academic credit, enhancing your educational journey in the arts and culture.
- Enjoy exclusive access to museum events, exhibitions, and educational programs.
- Develop a comprehensive portfolio, showcasing your skills for future career opportunities.
Previous experience in art history, archaeology, or related fields is preferred but not mandatory. Ashmolean Internship values a passion for cultural heritage and a commitment to learning, making it an inclusive opportunity for individuals at various stages of their academic and professional journeys.
How to Apply for Ashmolean Internship?
To apply for the Ashmolean Internship, visit the official website. Navigate to the dedicated internship section, where you’ll find detailed information about the application process. Download the application form and carefully fill in the required details. Prepare a concise statement of intent highlighting your passion for the arts and unique skills. Attach your resume and academic transcripts, and submit the completed application package via the specified email address before the deadline. Successful candidates will be notified of further assessments and interviews.
|Currently no jobs are available, please check on official website.|
The Ashmolean Internship offers a transformative experience in art and culture. This position provides direct involvement in curatorial activities, scholarly research, and museum operations. Interns collaborate with experts, contribute to educational programs, and gain a holistic understanding of the cultural heritage sector. Responsibilities include curating exhibits, conducting research, and assisting with daily museum tasks. Ideal candidates possess a passion for the arts, strong research skills, and a commitment to contributing to the preservation and promotion of cultural treasures.